LaR Online Homework Assistance Service
At Leaders are Readers, we are always looking for the best ways to help us to help you and your child. These are done through reviews and feedback we receive from our parents as well as direct conversations we have with you.
As a result of feedback, Leaders are Readers are happy to announce the launch of our online Homework Assistance Service. This service has been set up to provide that extra assistance to consolidate and facilitate what was learnt during the session that Saturday.
The service will comprise of the following:
- An online platform via which the sessions will be held
- There will be separate sessions in Maths and in English, each lasting about 40 mins in duration
- The tutor at every session will go through the topics and concepts taught at the Saturday session in order to refresh your child’s memory
- The tutor will also be able to answer questions in any area (of the topic taught that week) that your child needs more clarification on
- The sessions will also serve as catch-up sessions for those who were absent on the Saturday - to enable them grasp the concepts taught and subsequently, be able to do their homework. There will be an example or two, to facilitate further understanding.
- THE TUTOR WILL NOT BE DOING THE HOMEWORK WITH YOUR CHILD
- Parents can sit in on the sessions
- You will be provided with login details with which to join the class
- The online Homework Assistance Service is for Maths and Language Sense in the 5+ up to 11+ programmes at present
- There will be a schedule in place so you know which days and times in which sessions for your child’s level will take place
We are very excited about this initiative as we believe it will help to further consolidate what has been taught in the sessions on Saturday.
Please note: THESE SESSIONS ARE TO HELP YOUR CHILD BETTER UNDERSTAND AND CONSOLIDATE THEIR LEARNING, AND TO EFFECTIVELY DO THEIR HOMEWORK. THEY ARE BY NO MEANS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE CLASS SESSIONS AS THAT IS NOT THE AIM.
Feel free to contact your Centre Manager should you have any questions regarding the above.
In a bid to always maintain (and improve) the service, it would be helpful to have an idea of the numbers who may be in attendance at any point. To this end, could you please register your interest by clicking here