What does your child struggle with?
We teach your child to read with our award-winning Reading Programme. Leaders are Readers use advanced teaching methods that help all children from 3-and-a-half years old, to learn to read fluently and with confidence, often to a standard years above their peers. Even those diagnosed with reading difficulties such as dyslexia or autism, excel. Pupils develop a real love of reading which in turn expands their access to all subjects and knowledge of the world around them. Their vocabulary will also increase which can help develop their written and verbal self-expression. Reading fires up their imagination, increases their memory and lengthens their attention span.
What is the Aim of Our Learning to Read Programme?
Our renowned Reading Programme ensures that your child will:
- master at a young age, the ability to read and write fluently
- overcome any diagnosed reading difficulties
- arm your child with the skills and confidence to reach his/her full potential
- read independently, accurately and with enjoyment
- cope better with maths, science, other subjects and...life
- prepare candidates for 4+ and 5+ assessments
- deepen their understanding and comprehension of text, including more complex material
Length of Lessons
2 hours, with a short break for refreshments.
Length of Course
One, two or three terms, depending on the age and ability of the child
Is a clinically proven method, featured on ITV's 'Tonight with Trevor McDonald' programme, on BBC's 'Just One Chance' documentary, in the Daily Telegraph, The Times and the Daily Mail.
- has been tried and tested by specialists all over the world and found to be one of the most effective and efficient methods to teach reading
- works for almost any child including children with dyslexia
- uses exciting and motivating games and worksheets
- is for children of all abilities
- includes a pre-writing skills programme for Nursery and Reception pupils which improves hand eye co-ordination
- is ideal for children aged 3½ to 16 years
- ensures that children make reading gains of between 1½ to 4 years above their starting reading age by the end of the course
The Core Materials
The Reading Programme uses worksheets, games and activity cards and the Leaders are Readers Code Detective Book, both in the lessons and as homework. The games and activity cards have been specially made for the course and cannot be purchased elsewhere.
Your support at home is a vital ingredient for the Reading Programme. Your child will progress more rapidly if he/she has a structured homework schedule between lessons and is supported by you at home. Leaders are Readers provide a structured schedule.
Success on all our courses depends on regular attendance at lessons and on completion of homework. Homework is set every week and may take the following times to complete.
- Children aged up to 7: 20 - 40 minutes, 3 to 5 evenings a week.
- Children aged 7 and above: 30 - 45 minutes, 2 to 4 evenings a week.